You be the angel The hope to humanity The light That dark corners illuminates Hope The perfect articulate support Thy strength infuses and abounds Evaristic tasks You be the angel of hope The love that wafts From thy presence Must it keep thee The angelic hope
You say I should punch him You scold me saying I have become a ‘woman’ You laugh at me whenever I avoid a quarrel You tell me I should ‘show’ the man Now you want me to hit a woman! Brother Listen to me Hear my voice I ain’t no coward I be no weakling as you think The world is not about Punch him Hit them Nor Is it about ‘Teach the fellow a lesson’ We live peace We preach peace We believe in amicability We are for harmony Brother I implore thee Listen to me Hear my cry A cry for peace, A cry for tranquility A cry for one love Brother In ensuring oneness Harmony Brotherhood and sisterhood I be no coward Nor no doormat
Comments
Post a Comment